Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mornings

Usually, I hop out of bed in the morning, ready to take on the day.

Since the crash, though, particularly this week, I'm not a fan of mornings.

The pain meds I took at midnight are totally worn off by the time I wake up. And everything just aches. Soon, I want to wean myself off the meds, but right now, they're necessary.

So I wake up hurting, become crabby. The whole day has been one of those crabby days. I've worked really hard to stay positive, work hard at the rehab, and think positive thoughts about my recovery.

Today, though, I hated the guy who hit me, I hated the situation, felt sorry for myself. Blah, blah, blah. Now I'm done.

The only things that have brought me smiles today was finding the Beer Advocate website, where you can type out the kinds of beer you like, and it gives you a list of their favorite beers!

And the other thing that has been bringing me happiness is the thought of the new bikes on the way: A replacement road bike for the Waterford R33, and I'm using my tax return to buy a mountain bike, probably a Gunnar single speed.

Even though it snowed last night, it's sunny now and the snow is melting into the rain gutter. There is hope yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment