Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Real Bike, But With Training Wheels

Got on the cross bike today for the first time since the crash. Neighbor Katie brought it downstairs for me. It was a bit of a challenge to actually get on the damn thing.

But boy, that 30 minutes felt awfully satisfying.

We're still on track for the GOAL: the July 5 Firecracker mountain bike race in Eau Claire. Nephew Lucas and friends the Hougens plan to do it with me. I'll just enter the citizens and ride the course.

Days like this, when I'm starting to walk without crutches, give some hope. Even though I'm ready to sleep by 7:30 every night, I get better every day. At least that's what I tell the kids, better, smarter, better looking.

No, they don't believe me...

3 comments:

  1. Wow Paul, that's great! It's only been what, 6 weeks? Amazing. Keep ridin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even explain how I came across this, it's just too crazy. I'm sure you are better, smarter, better looking as a result of your collision, because it's only from of chaos that true creativity can emerge. I hope you are well. This is crazy, right? Best to you and your family. :-) Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darla Decker, you better email me! pwarloski@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete