Friday, April 10, 2009

A Good Sleep

I haven't been sleeping at all the past few nights: awake at all hours, fall asleep for an hour or two. It wore on me.

I'm with my parents in Eau Claire for a few days. For whatever reason, the clean air up here, a bed that was really comfortable, mom's cooking, I finally had a good night's sleep.

Man, that makes all the difference. I feel awake today, had a great therapy workout, and feel like my brain is attached inside my head.

Now, with the temperatures reaching 55 on a beautiful sunny day, I only wish I could go ride out in the hills of southern Eau Claire county. The farm roads often remind me of Ireland or Belgium. I've done four or five hour rides out there, just because I didn't want to go home.

1 comment:

  1. PW,

    My brother spent a year in Belgium and never mentioned hills or cycling. He can describe in great detail the pubs, however.

    I'm glad you are catching up on your sleep. That's awfully hard to do when you cannot do much in the way of physical exertion. Tell the family I said hello and have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete