Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm Listening to Kim the PT

It's beautiful outside, and I'm sitting inside after a long nap. All the travel lately, with actual work at the bike shop and actual classwork to do has left me exhausted.

Kim the PT says listen to my body during the recovery. The body says sleep.

Seriously, how long will this go on? I want to be able to ride all day today, not just a short 60-minute cruise. And I didn't ride or lift the last two days because of the fatigue.

Once again, I'm grateful for good insurance and a teaching job this summer to give me time and space to recover.

Now I get to encourage nephew Lucas who broke his tibia and fibia last week, and is now wearing a full-leg cast. I planned to go up again this week to visit him, but I don't think that's going to happen. Maybe a weekend of rest and riding will do me good. That's what Kim the PT says.

Much of the My Wife Inc cyclocross team just signed up for the Cincinnati race weekend in October! After all, if I can't train and rest, Mike and Crusty might ride faster than me after all.

Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment