Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Imagine the Customer Service with My Car - Dave's Garage

On my way home from the Whitnall race on my bike, I had a double flat: the tube in my bike bag also went flat.

I stopped in a Dave's Garage in Greenfield on Forest Home Avenue and asked for duct tape to try and fix one of the tubes. The man behind the desk handed me a roll of black duct tape.

"Let me know if it works," he said. "If it doesn't, I'll give you a ride home."

Mind you, I'm in my spandex kit, soaked with sweat, and I'm sure very fragrant!

The duct tape patch didn't hold, and sure enough, Adam, a young man studying to be a firefighter, gave me a ride home.

All I could think of was that if this was the kind of customer service they give to a random stinky bike racer in spandex, imagine the kind of work they'll do on my car.

I clearly have a new place to bring my car. I encourage you to do the same!

http://www.davesgarageinc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment